Its name derive from Grand Duke Friedrich I., who gave the former University of Carlsruhe the surname "Fridericiana". Colloquial it is called "Fridi-Cup".
Due to the fact, that our team has got a high amount of girls and to handle better our tournament, we decided to make specific rules, which are different from the official ones. Although waterpolo is minted masculine, we reach at our Fridi-Cup about 40% girls.
The biggest Fridi-Cup took place in 2013 with 16 teams from 4 nations.
Official Invitation for Fridicup 2018 can be found here: Invitation21thFridericianaCup2018.pdf
accomodation, catering & fees
Don’t forget to bring your airbed/camping mat and sleeping bag!
- welcomeparty on friday evening, with beerpong competition, 'Parkplatzfest'
- typical german breakfast will be served to you every morning
- several snacks, warm dinner & beverages are available during the competition days
- our famous "Bierstaffel" on saturday evening, with beery get-together following
€ 25,- per participant
Fees are incl. breakfast, accomodation, a warm dinner, beverages
and snacks during the day (games).
- visa/entry permits
official rules of Fridericiana-Cup
- playing time = 2*9min. without interruptions (subject to modification)
- no time-outs
- max. 3 exclusions per person
- min. 9 own players (including min. 2 female players) per team, 7 players per team & min. 1 woman in the water (womengoals count twice!)
- 2 points/win, 1 point/draw, 0 points/loss; if same amount of points: 1. goal diff., 2. direct comp., 3. amount of goals; penalty shootout, if draw in finals.
- Pool: 25m * 12,5m wide, 1,80-3,80m deep, water-temperature ~27°C
- Shoes & glass bottles are not allowed at the pool – thank you for apprehension!
- Friday, 29.06 – arrival & check-in (starting 8 p.m.), welcome party & beerpong
- Saturday, 30.06 – breakfast, competition, our famous Bierstaffel, get-together
- Sunday, 01.07 – breakfast, competition, award ceremony, departure (~ 4/5 PM)
Latest timetable & match schedule will be given to you at check-in.
If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask: waterpolo∂sport.kit.edu