All students/trainees and employees of KIT and its cooperating institutions are entitled to participate in the KIT university sports program:
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Karlsruhe Cooperative State University
- FZI Research Center for Information Technology
- Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences - Engineering and Economics
- State Academy of Fine Arts
- State University of Art and Design
- State University of Music
- The Pädagogische Hochschule Karlsruhe is not a cooperation partner, but PH students are entitled to participate exclusively in competitive sports and competitive communities. The registration for this takes place via the online portal.
The eligibility to participate must be proven by the matriculation number (student). University staff must give their business telephone number. This information is checked by the university sports administration. In order to check the eligibility to participate, students/employees' ID cards must always be carried along and presented on request.
Regardless of the chosen course, the semester base fee is charged once. Depending on the choice of course, additional course fees will be charged. The fees will be collected by direct debit from the participant's specified account when registering online. The payment status can be checked at any time during online registration.
For returned direct debits, processing fees of EUR 3 per transaction will be charged, plus the processing fees of the credit institution which rejected the direct debit.
Registration is only possible online. On the internet pages you will find detailed information about the offers. The bookings lead to a payment obligation regardless of whether the offers are actually taken up. By submitting the online registration, the Hochschulsport is authorized to collect the course fees by direct debit from the account of the participant. With the registration, authorized participants accepted the conditions of participation and the data protection regulations of HSP.
For access to our health centre "walk-in" and the associated offers, interested parties should contact the "walk-in" directly.
For tournaments and competitions as well as special events, special booking and cancellation conditions usually apply and will be announced in each case.
By registering for a sports course, the participant accepts the data protection regulations of university sport. Further information on the data protection regulations: http://www.sport.kit.edu/hochschulsport/ 618.php is currently being revised in the legal department!
A rebooking is possible if there is no waiting list. For this purpose the course management must contact the sports department by e-mail. There will be no refund of course fees due to rebooking, but the fee will be credited against the difference in fees. If a rebooking is made to a more expensive offer, the difference will be due.
Withdrawal is possible in principle. The withdrawal has to be communicated by mail to the sports department. The following conditions of withdrawal apply:
- Within the first four weeks after the start of the registration (= start date of the online registration - not start of the course) there are no cancellation fees and the fees are refunded 100%.
- No refunds will be made in case of later cancellation.
- The base fee is generally refunded if no course registration was possible.
The paid base fees/participation fees will be transferred to an account to be named by the withdrawing party. A cash payment is not possible. The University Sports Administration may allow exceptions to this in special exceptional cases, which must be justified in writing (e.g. unfitness for sport, proven by a medical certificate).
In the event of repeated unexcused absence of individual participants, the respective course director may cancel the course. Please send an e-mail to sportreferat∂sport.kit.edu. Cancellations do not result in an automatic refund of fees for the participants; for this purpose the participant must send a cancellation to the sports department by e-mail.
Scope of services
The respective time scope of the offers is indicated on the university sports homepage. However, courses may be cancelled if:
- the course day falls on a public holiday or during a time when no lectures are held (e.g. Christmas and summer closing times),
- force majeure exists,
- German University Championships or other major events that require the respective hall time,
- unavoidable disturbances of the operating process such as construction work, repairs or similar occur,
- a course leader is unable to attend and the university sports administration is unable to find a qualified replacement at short notice,
- Offers in municipal or other sports facilities, whose operating hours are tied to the school holidays, may have different running times.
In the case of offers that take place outdoors, participants have no right to a refund if course dates are cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. Participants are responsible for compliance with passport and customs regulations for courses abroad.
Course cancellation due to university sports
University sport can combine offers or cancel them altogether, for example if the minimum number of participants is not reached. Participants who have already paid the fee at the time of the cancellation or change may, subject to availability, take another offer of their choice within the same fee group in the current programme. It is also possible for the participants concerned to withdraw if booked offers do not materialise. Course fees already paid will then be refunded, no further claims can be made.
The sports halls may only be entered with clean sports shoes with abrasion-resistant soles that are not used in road traffic. The sports shoes must be appropriate for the type of sport. This regulation applies to all sports courses in halls and on grass fields. On tennis courts, shoes for clay courts (not according to external profile) are mandatory. Further regulations for sports clothing for special sports (e.g. sailing) may be issued; these will be brought to the attention of the participants in a suitable form when they register.
The following information refers to the statutory accident insurance protection of properly registered university sport participants.
Statutory accident insurance cover applies to all official university sports events:
- for all sports courses (with exercise supervision) according to the semester programme,
- for internal and external special university sports events (e.g. courses, seminars, excursions, other official course units),
- at internal and external competitive sports events (only applies to enrolled students!), provided that they are registered and fed via the university sports department
- as well as on related routes (including abroad, the choice of means of transport is optional)
* Students who are already exmatriculated are no longer insured against accidents by the Studierendenwerk when participating in adh events (still possible 1 year after successful completion), as they no longer belong to the respective university.
In this case there is NO separate regulation or the possibility of a separate additional accident insurance for competitions.
- Participation in events organized by other universities (with the exception of joint events involving several universities, such as competitive sports events and courses)
- Sports activities on the university campus without organizational integration into the official university sports program or without a practice leader contractually bound to the university sports
- Participation in competitions without registration via university sports
- private interruptions on the way to the place of university sport activities or back home (e.g. shopping, regulars' table) and detours for private reasons
KIT employees are insured according to the principles of company sports. According to these principles, the sports activity must be suitable for compensating the physical strain caused by the job, must take place with a certain regularity, and must be connected with the company work in a way that is appropriate to the purpose of compensation. Events of a competitive nature are excluded from this.
For civil servants, an accident while participating in university sports is not considered a work accident. Employees must observe the applicable regulations of their institution when reporting an accident.
Participants of free sports groups without HSP-exercise leader are not insured against accidents.
In the case of courses offered by other organisers, which are only arranged by the University Sports Department, participants are responsible for their own insurance cover. It is therefore advisable to take out accident, health and, if necessary, travel cancellation and luggage insurance.
Accidents must be reported immediately to the respective competent authorities of the co-operative facilities and to the HSP.
It is recommended that all participants and course leaders in university sport take out private liability insurance to obtain insurance cover in the event that personal injury or damage to property is caused to third parties while practising sport.
The organizer excludes liability for theft and damage to private property in the training facilities used by the University Sports Center. This applies even when using the safe deposit boxes in the foyer of the Sports Institute and the lockers in the changing rooms. All participants are advised not to bring any valuables with them.
University sport is only liable if damage is caused intentionally or through gross negligence by an employee.
Participation in excursions and other group events is at your own risk. For all courses not organised by the University itself, the University Sports Department acts only as an intermediary. Accordingly, the University Sports Department accepts no liability for any damage, accidents, losses or delays on the part of the participating personal and transport companies. Travelling to external courses by car is at the student's own risk. The University Sports Department also accepts no liability in the event of theft, damage or loss of luggage. The taking along of sports equipment is also at your own risk. The respective course organisers are named in the advertisements.
Who is entitled to participate in the university sports events?
How are the fees for participation paid?
Can the course fees also be transferred or paid in cash?
Can I take part in the course without registering?
Can a sport be tried out during a trial training?
There is no trial training with us, since unannounced participation in the HSP courses is not permitted. Nevertheless, the sports courses can be tested within the first four weeks of the course. During this period, a free reimbursement of costs is possible in case of cancellation. For the refund of costs please send a cancellation email to the following email address: sportreferat∂sport kit edu
Where can I get more information about the courses or the sport?
The class is full? How does the waiting list work?
How can I cancel my registration for a course?
Cancellation of the course is possible at any time and can be sent by e-mail to sportreferat∂sport.kit.edu to be initiated. Within the first four weeks after the start of the course, the fees will be refunded, but no refund will be made in case of later cancellation. The basic fee will only be refunded if no course registration was possible.
Where can I find notices and other information on KIT university sports?
As a rule, notices are posted on the information board in the foyer of the Sports Institute (building 40.40), on the first floor of the New Hall (building 40.44) and in Hall 3 (building 30.81). Up-to-date information, programme changes and notes on special events can be found under "Latest News" and on the homepage of the Institute for Sport and Sports Science. For further information, it is also worth subscribing to the University Sports Instagrama Account.
Is there insurance cover for participants in university sports events in the event of sports accidents?
Where can I get a confirmation of participation for e.g. my health insurance company?
Is weekend use of the sports facilities possible?
Apart from the walk-in, the sports facilities are available on weekends, if you make an early inquiry by e-mail tosportstaetten∂sport.kit.edu only available for KIT university sports groups (tournaments, courses, etc.)
Can free KIT sports groups get additional or different hall times during the lecture-free period?
In principle, the sports facility allocation plan of the previous semester is valid until the beginning of the new lecture period. Due to changes or additional times, a written request must be submitted to the sports department (or by e-mail tosportreferat∂sport.kit.edu) for changes or additional times.