The Center for the Assessment of Physical Activity (CAPA) team in Karlsruhe, Germany is hosting the 2nd international workshop titled “Physical Activity Assessment – State of the Science, Best Practices, Future Directions”. The workshop will take place on Thursday July 11th and Friday July 12th 2019 at the Institute of Sports and Sports Science (IfSS), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
Expert panels on one of the topics of either physical activity questionnaires, accelerometers, or ambulatory assessment will be held with groups of international researchers. The expert panels will meet and discuss the topics with the goal of creating a consensus statement that will then be further developed after the workshop and finally published (pending peer review) in a special issue of Psychology of Sports and Exercise (PSE).
Benefits of participating in the workshop:
- Hear from international experts about the state of the science of different physical activity assessment methodologies (PA questionnaires, accelerometry, ambulatory assessment, doubly labelled water).
- Participate in a workshop to develop best practice recommendations and brainstorm future directions for physical activity assessment methodologies in an expert panel.
- Be part of a writing team for a special section/issue to advance the science and practice in this topic, which will appear in Psychology of Sports and Exercise (PSE – pending peer review).
- Presentaion of PA assessment work during the poster session.
- See what CAPA is currently working on.
- Network and build potential future collaborations.
- Come and visit Karlsruhe – a very bicycle and pedestrian friendly city
You can find the program here.